Drop Shipping Via Syncee
The Bone Art Place is an ethnic arts gallery based in Auckland, New Zealand.
We are dedicated to the art of genuine hand crafted New Zealand and Pacific bone carving, jade carving and wood carving in its many forms, from the very traditional Maori carving styles to the more contemporary designs for gifts and jewelry.
Some are set into sterling silver mounts, some are in the form of delicate earrings and others are unique gifts such as framed artworks or free standing sculptures.
Most of our products are hand crafted by local artists so while most are available on an ongoing basis, many are also unique one of a kind original pieces that will be removed from our gallery permanently when sold.
We represent a diverse group of approx 35 top local artists and ship worldwide.
Drop shipping with Syncee gives you the opportunity to retail products but not actually carry stock or have to deal with shipping and fulfillment etc.
Syncee is a managed feed service that makes it easy to add selected products to your web site and keep them synced with The Bone Art Place so stock levels and pricing are always up to date.
If something is sold out on The Bone Art Place its will also show as sold out on your web site so no issues with selling something that is not available.
You can find out more about Syncee on the Shopify App Store at
Drop Ship Program Summary
- You list selected products from our range via the Syncee app which will upload the product images and descriptions etc. from our site to automatically create each listing.
- You sell our work to your customers at your price and take their payment.
- The order is logged on the Syncee system.
- You then buy the product from us via the Syncee order system at a 20% discount off our retail prices.
- We ship direct to your customers.
- We send you the tracking info to you via the Syncee system so you can pass it onto your customer.
- Our 60 day satisfaction guarantee applies to all drop ship orders.
- We are also happy to include your business cards, vouchers etc. in the packages if you send them to us.
Automatic placing of drop ship orders:
When you sell one of our products we are sent an order notification by Syncee
- Log into Syncee to confirm you have received payment from your customer.
- Go into the Syncee admin center to complete your payment for the products.
- Once your payment is complete the order is then automatically sent to us by Syncee for shipping to your customer.
Manually placing a drop ship order:
Placing manual orders for each customer individually.
Contact us for a drop shipper discount code first.
- Add the items your customer purchased to the cart.
- Put a note in the comments box saying "Drop Ship Order" then hit the "Checkout" button
- Enter YOUR email address on the first page and then the customers name and address details.
- Enter your drop ship discount code in the discount code box and hit "Apply" then "Continue".
- Select a shipping method and hit "Continue"
- In the payment section fill in YOUR payment details and click on "Add a billing address". This is where you put your own details
- Complete the order and we will take care of the rest. We will also send any tracking info etc to you.
UK Orders = Special Note:
= The new Brexit VAT rules:
From the 1st January 2021 and as part of Brexit the UK removed their tax exemption for low value items imported into the UK and moved the requirement for the collection of VAT from the border to the seller when the order value is less than £135
All companies directly selling anything into the UK shipped from anywhere else in the world including the EU are now required to register for VAT in the UK and to collect and remit VAT on all orders under £135
We can ship orders to the UK for drop shippers but for orders valued at less than £135 we will need you to provide an official invoice on your letterhead showing your company details and showing the purchase price and UK VAT component.
If you sell via an online marketplace such as Etsy or Amazon they will add the VAT and do the VAT returns for you so a copy of their invoice to the customer will meet the invoicing needs for the UK Customs service.
For shipments over the value of £135 the seller is not required to collect or account for VAT as the VAT will be collected from the customer at the border so you don't need to do anything special for those orders other than advise the customer that VAT will be charged at the border along with any other applicable duties..
As we are not the seller we are unable to provide sales invoices nor account for VAT with the UK government which is why we ask for a copy of your customer invoice to include with the shipment.
= Placing UK orders over the value of £135:
Just place orders as you would for all other countries.
= Placing UK orders under the value of £135:
After the order has been placed email us a copy of the official customer invoice showing your company details and showing the purchase price and UK VAT component.
Customer Contact = Important Note:
We do not interact directly with your customers at all.
All automatic notices such as order confirmations, shipping confirmations and tracking details are sent to you at the "billing address" email so you can pass the info onto your customer in any format you wish.
You are totally responsible for payments, charge backs and communications with your customers.
We are simply selling you a carving at a discount and shipping it to a different address so you are our customer.
- Free postal delivery world wide on orders over US$40
- Express Courier upgrades available at US$25 to Australia and US$40 to the rest of the world.
- Free Express Courier delivery world wide on orders over US$150
Use of Manual Drop Ship Discount Codes:
- You can not combine a drop ship discount code and any other promotional discount codes or offers.
- Your drop ship code is highly confidential, DO NOT allow it to be used by any unauthorized person or published in any form
Retail discount codes or coupons:
From time to time we offer our customers special short term retail discount codes to our newsletter subscriber or Facebook followers etc.
- Our system will only accept one discount code per order.
- You can not combine drop shipping codes and retail codes for a larger discount.
- If you use a retail discount code instead of your Drop Shipper Code, your order will be treated as a standard retail order and shipped with all of our usual branded paperwork etc.
That means no blind drop shipping and no additional custom documents etc will be included.
Stock & Availability:
You can set up the Syncee feed to keep your up to date with current stock levels at The Bone Art Place.
We have a wide range of hand crafted products broken into two main sections.
- The stock products are items we make in volume so we keep a reasonable stock on hand and when we do sell out they are generally restocked again relatively quickly.
- The Feature Artist products are mostly original and unique one of a kind or limited edition pieces so when they sell the are they are removed from our gallery permanently.
These products will have a bolded comment in the listing saying that they will be removed when sold.
Sold old out stock product on our web site that are likely to be made available again will have a link on the product details page that will allow you to registered for an email notification when that product becomes available again.
If a sold out item does not have the "notify me" link on the product details page that means we are unlikely to have it available again.
Customs Duties or Import Taxes:
Whenever you or your customers import any goods into another country they are subject to customs inspection and possibly import duties.
As every country uses different rules we are not able to tell you what if any duties may be payable to your local customs service so we recommend you contact them to find out before importing goods.
There are often duty free limits so that if an order is under a certain value import fees are not charged.
As a genera rule we find that most packages shipped by courier will be inspected and if over the duty free limit customs duties will be payable.
"Most" packages shipped by post if not too large and not of high value will pass through without customs inspection or duties payable.
The customer is the "Importer of Record" and is totally responsible for paying any such fees applied by their local authorities.
If a package is returned because your customer refused it or failed to pay any duties by due date we will be charged for return shipping and possibly customs duties.
We will deduct any such costs from any refund due on return.
We are very proud of the high quality of our work so we are happy to provide a 60 day full refund no questions asked return policy.
If on receiving your order you are not 100% happy with your carving for any reason at all, we will provide a full refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping) on return of the carvings in original condition within 60 days.
Read about or warranty terms at https://boneart.co.nz/pages/warranty
Over many years we have built up a reputation for genuine quality and service as an ethical trader.
As such we vigorously protect that reputation and only wish to work with people who are equally passionate about the craft, the culture and who will work with us in an honest and ethical manner.
Trading Terms, Conduct and Representation of Bone Art Place Products & Artists:
We are very passionate about our craft work and insist that those who represent us do so in an appropriate manner.
For this reason we will be regularly checking your site for suitability to be a Bone Art Place agent and may decline or cancel an affiliate, drop shipper or wholesale account if we believe that you are:
- Misrepresenting our products or artists in any way.
- Using bulk unsolicited email (spam) to promote your site or our products.
- Misrepresenting your identity or claiming to be The Bone Art Place.
- Trading in an unethical manner.
- In payment arrears.
- Sharing or in any way abusing your wholesale access codes or drop ship discount code.
- Linking from or associated with a site which we believe carries inappropriate or illegal material.
- Using The Bone Art Place trading name without authorization as a web site, page, blog or social media page header or title.
- Using The Bone Art Place trading name without authorization as a search term on any search engine, web site or directory.
All content on our web site and our social media pages is protected under international copyright law.
As a registered drop shipper you are granted conditional use of images and descriptions from our web site to promote those specific products only.
Any other material (including images and text) and/or any other use (including banners, general content or general advertising) requires specific permission to be granted by the Bone Art Place
Your site must be clearly identifiable as your web site, not The Bone Art Place.
Do Not use any of our banners or our trade name The Bone Art Place or Bone Art as a site or category header or in any other way that may mislead visitors into believing that your page, email or post is The Bone Art Place or is an official part of our web site.
In the case of emails and social media/blog posts you must not do anything that may cause readers believe that the post or email originated directly from The Bone Art Place
Opening and/or operating a drop shipper account with The Bone Art Place is conditional on full agreement with all of these trading terms.
Breaching these conditions will result in immediate termination of your drop shipper account.
Contact and help:
Contact us at email@example.com